Organising an event can be an expensive
investment for any company
Using mobile communication before, during and after an event takes place can help you to maximise the return on your event investment and generate better leads for your business.
It’s not just about maximising event attendance, but having meaningful engagement with your
attendees throughout the event, resulting in qualified leads that generate future business for your
Mobile Marketing Success Kit for Events
Before the Event
1. Event Registration
Make it easier for attendees to register for your event by offering mobile event registration alongside other forms of registration. Simply send an SMS to your mobile database with a link to register for the event. Our Engage Platform allows you to build customised registration forms capturing the data you need for your event, and our myCRM feature allows you to send all of the registration details to a nominated email, or post directly into your database.
2. Pay for Tickets
If an event is charged, you can link your registration form directly to our “click to pay” feature provided in conjunction with Paypal, so attendees can pay for your event immediately from their mobile.
3. Issue Mobile Tickets
Send event tickets directly to attendee’s mobiles, with a link to a mobile barcode which can be scanned at your event. This saves attendees printing tickets prior to the event improving their experience of your event, and enabling you easily re-issue lost tickets.
4. Event Reminders
Sometimes registering attendees is only half the battle. Often registered attendees fail to attend an
event leaving you with empty seats. Attendees can easily forget they have registered for an event,
or may fail to show if a more important appointment conflicts or a last minute task crops up. Sending
event reminders via SMS can help to remind registered attendees to come along. Use messaging to
remind attendees of the value of attending your event.
5. Mobile News and Updates
Oxygen8’s mobile channel offers an ideal way for you to communicate news and updates to registered attendees or prospects. Announce new speakers, exhibitors, agenda items and workshops. Each update provides an ideal opportunity to register new attendees, and remind registered attendees of why they should take time out of their busy schedules to attend.
During the Event
1. Improve Engagement
Add new ways to engage with customers at your event such as ‘text to big screen’ interaction for mobile questions to panel speakers. Simply invite attendees to text in their questions, and use our moderation interface to review questions and post them to screen.
2. Mobile Agendas & Session reminders
Help attendees engage by sending an SMS with a link to the event agenda and simpleSMS reminders to remind attendees when and where a conference session starts and which programme they have registered for.
3. Lead Generation
Run competitions during your event to gather attendee feedback and contact details. Competitions provide an ideal and cost effective way to generate qualified leads and push attendees to your stand during the event.
4. Mobile Surveys
Mobile surveys allow you to Capture Immediate Feedback from attendees during the event. Maybe you want to do a straw poll and measure opinion which can be displayed during your event.
After the Event
1. Post Event Feedback
Capture attendee feedback on your event to assist with future event planning and build a database for your next event. We can offer mobile surveys using simple SMS, SMS with link to form to capture data, or an automated voice survey. Data captured can be emailed to a selected email, downloaded as a CSV file, or posted to your database.
2. Access to event content
Provide additional value to attendees with access to the conference content after your event via a simple SMS with link to content.
3. Post event marketing
Provided you have captured attendee contact details and consent during your event, you can use SMS marketing to follow up with leads post event and progress the sales process. Provide links to your content or a form to capture data for your sales team.
9 Top Tips for Organising a Successful Event
- Market and promote your event attendance through multiple channels, including your website, industry newsletters or magazines and mobile.
- If you already have a customer database, send out invitational newsletters, emails or SMS communication about the event.
- Don’t underestimate the lead times required to successfully promote the event and how long it may take for your message to filter through to attendees
- Ensure that your products and collateral are up to date and contain useful information and contact details.
- Ask attendees if they would like to be added to your database and receive regular updates on products and services. Ensure that you capture contact details, including mobile numbers.
- Consider a mobile competition at the event to attract customers to your stand. Business cards in a bowl are so yesterday!
- Brief staff that are attending the trade show and make sure your staff have thorough product and service knowledge to answer questions.
- Think about ways to receive feedback (e.g. mobile feedback forms, prizes for completing mobile surveys).
- Set a budget and stick to it, consider low cost forms of communication like SMS to maximise your event budget.