SMS is still one of the most widely utilised ways of communications even in today’s world of social media and messaging apps. According to Textrequest.com, in 2017 approximately 18.7 billion texts are sent worldwide every day while 4.2 billion+ people used text communication, excluding the likes of direct messaging applications such as WhatsApp and Viber.
Mobile is a key component of a lot of omni-channel strategies. According to Statista’s research 2018, 52.2 percent of all website traffic worldwide was generated through mobile phones, up from 50.3 percent in the previous year. Still, most businesses find it hard to decide when to invest in new technologies and adopt new processes.
With thanks to Kevin Sher and the team at Blackbaud.
It was exciting and inspiring to be at Blackbaud's BBCon in Sydney this week and mix with almost 200 of Australia's NFP community. Thanks to Kevin Sher for inviting me to join the conversation.
Australia has one of the most active and vibrant Not-for-Profit sectors in the world with Australians donating more than $2.2 billion per year.
What was clear to me is that the sector faces many challenges such as increased competition for funds among the expanding number of not-for-profit organisations and rising levels of donor fatigue, as well as the cost of generating funds increasing.
Yet, the participants in the sector are embracing these challenges enthusiastically and effectively, with the help of technology companies like Blackbaud. It was truly wonderful to see the ground breaking work of both smaller charities, such as Soi Dog Foundation and the Marine Conservation Society.
At Engage Australia, we believe mobile is a cost effective and efficient channel for both small and large charities to tackle some their biggest challenges and we're happy to put our money where our mouth is.
In particular, the mobile channel is ideal for smaller charities to reach supporters, so if you are a small charity in Australia, we're happy to give you a hand in doing good and design a mobile campaign for free.
Why Charities Should Invest in Mobile Engagement?
- Low Cost - mobile engagement is low cost with SMS from as little as a few cents a message.
- Measurable - mobile engagement is highly measurable, with delivery receipting and a measurable call to action every time a supporter is contacted.
- Scalable - mobile engagement is easily scalable. Try a test campaign on as little as 100 supporters before committing to larger campaigns.
- Timely - mobile engagement is timely and instant. It allows supporters to connect to you anytime, anywhere, including at charity events and during special causes.
- Integrated - mobile engagement is integrated. Mobile can link many other channels with a measurable call to action, including digital, social media, TV, print, radio and events.
or dial 1800 001 201 to speak to one of our mobile engagement experts